Welcome to Sharing My Family Tree

Hi and Welcome to the Sharing my Family Tree blog!

I know it may be a bit odd to have a genealogy blog but for several years I've been trying to figure out a means for sharing the genealogical information that I have with members of my family and with those interested in genealogical and historical research.   

I had considered uploading "my tree" to one of the popular online sites but they tend to be fairly sterile and focus just on the details - which of course is important - but I wanted a way to share the stories about the people, a way to share source information, a way to share photos, a way to make them seem more like real people than just a few dates and places.  

I hope you will follow me as I blog away.  The easiest way to do this is to click on "SUBSCRIBE" on the upper left hand side and enter your email.  This will alert you to each time a new blog is posted. 

My goal is to post at least weekly but that may change as I get into the project.  Another benefit of blogging is that it will help me organize the research information that I have.  Right now I have boxes of genealogy records and boxes of photos.  Some have been scanned and I honestly don't know what has or hasn't anymore.  Just seeing them sitting there makes me sad so sharing will be a happy thing!

I'm also secretly hoping that by sharing I will be able to connect with other family members who I haven't met and fill in some "missing pieces" in the tree and at the same time, fill in the missing pieces in other peoples trees too. 


Comments